The Dragonfly International Youth Music Competition and the 3rd Dragonfly International Music Festival (DIMF) will be held in Tianjin on August 12, 2019. The competition is aimed to attract young musicians at home and abroad. The jury will consist of renowned national and international artists and educators. The competition consists of three majors: violin, piano, and saxophone. It is divided into two major groups, non-professional and professional. It provides opportunities for musicians of all ages and levels to showcase their talents. It is worth mentioning that the youth group of the violin competition also serves as the preliminaries of the 3rd Oleh Krysa International Violin Competition in 2019. The winners will have the opportunity to be directly selected by the Chairman of the Jury, Mr. Oleh Krysa, to by-pass the recording round to the live round in October 2019 held in Ukraine.
2019 DIMF COMPETITION
1. To improve the artistic level of young musicians in China, provide them with a platform to display their musical talents, and to enrich the musical life of the youth.
2. To provide pedagogical training and artistic exchanges on the international level for music educators across the nation, as well as to promote the improvement of music teaching and establish open and innovative ideas through the 2019 3rd Dragonfly International Music Festival.
3. To create open, forward-looking, and positive musical and artistic environments, enhance music appreciation abilities of young musicians, discover talents and gain invaluable experiences through competitions, and gain access to world-class music education through the platform of international music festivals.
2019 THE 3RD DIMF - COMPETITION
Organized by: Dragonfly Classical Music, Tianjin Musicians Association Violin Professional Committee, Xinmao Group
Hosted by: Dragonfly International Music Festival Organizing Committee, Jiangsu LiuTe Cultural Media Co., Ltd.
Support by: Tianjin Children's Violin Education Association, Tianjin Xinmao Tiancai Hotel, Moncello Violin Studio, Shanghai Xuanyue Instrument Tech. LLC
Consultant: Gao Lianfa, Guan Wenning, Chen Rui
Chair of the Jury: Oleh Krysa | Vice-Chair of the Jury: Qu Ke, Wang Heng, Feng Wanqi
Secretary General: Liang Shengming
MAJOR OF 2019 DIMF COMPETITION
VIOLIN MAJOR: SOLO | CHAMBER MUSIC
SAXOPHONE: SOLO｜CHAMBER MUSIC
PIANO MAJOR: SOLO | FOUR-HANDS
CATEGORY OF 2019 DIMF COMPETITION
FOR PROFESSIONAL STUDENT
Junior Group: birthday between 7/30/2001 - 7/29/2007
Senior Group: birthday between 7/30/1995 - 7/29/2001
>> VIOLIN >>
1. A pair of one fast and one slow movement from unaccompanied Bach Sonatas and Partitas (or Chaconne)
2. Two movements from a Classical or Romantic sonata
3. A movement of a major concerto (or a showpiece)
>> SAXOPHONE >>
1. A solo work chosen by the competitor
2. Chose one of the pieces among:
a: Prelude Cadenza at Finale (Alfred Desenclos)
b: Sonata (Robert Muczynski)
c: Concerto in Eb Major (Alexander Glazunov)
>> PIANO >>
1. A work from the Baroque period
2. Two contrasting movements from a Classical sonata
3. A technical etude or showpiece chosen by the competitor
＊Note：During the competition, the judges have the rights to interrupt the performers according to circumstances
1. Intonation, accuracy of rhythm, no wrong pitches or rhythms
2. Solid foundation of technique, master the technical challenge of each piece
3. A smooth and complete performance, without hesitation or stops
4. Able to understand and interpret the style of the work accurately
5. Fully reflect the expressions in the works
6. The competition adopts the method of independent scoring and signing by the judges on the spot. Once the score sheet is handed over, the judges have no right to make any changes. The number of judges will be based on the singular system, taking the average of the scores, with a maximum score of 10 points and a minimum of 8.00 points.
For details, please click on the 3rd Dragonfly International Music Festival to learn more about the registration process and fees. Students should choose the appropriate study package and participate in the competition according to their needs.
Time：8/10/2019 - 8/18/2019
Location：Xinmao Tiancai Hotel, Tianjin | China
AWARD OF 2019 DIMF
1. The jury will select the first, second, and third prizes and the excellence award for different instrumental majors (violin, piano, saxophone) and different forms of performance (solo, ensemble, four-hands) to award certificates and trophies.
2, The winners of the 2019 Dragonfly International Music Festival will perform in a Winners Concert.
3. The teachers of the respective winners will be awarded the “Excellent Instructor” certificate by the jury.
4. The winners of the Oleh Krysa International Violin Competition will proceed to the live round in Ukraine in October 2019 with the permission of the chairman of the jury, Oleh Krysa.
5. First prize winners of each category will perform with faculty members at the opening ceremony of the 2020 Dragonfly International Music Festival.
International Saxophone Faculty